Monday, February 8, 2010

Here we go go go!

Well, we're officially on the market now. We listed with Remax. I'm not sure I like out listing agent, but I don't think it matters how much I like her as long as she gets the job done.

We haven't had any bites yet, but we've had horrible weather...and to be honest, our house isn't really ready to be viewed. Our carpets desperately need a deep cleaning, but it can't really be done till all this nasty weather is gone. There is still a bit of clutter as well (one of those the house got a lot worse before it got any better sort of thing), but nothing too bad. The kitchen and all guest rooms are good to show (even the carpet on the guest side of the house), so it's just the living room, a little bit in our bedroom, and the garage (cluttered from uncluttering the inside). We also need to sweep up our back patio and straighten the furniture.

The listing coordinator suggested we paint one of the guest bedrooms, our room, and maybe the kitchen (all shades of blue), but I'm going to hold off. The kitchen is an absolute no go for paint. The cabinets are white, going to a neutral wall would make them look awful. The guest bedroom is a very nice oceany color that is wildly popular at the moment and I am so sick of paining. As for our room...I really love it, I hate to think of spending the rest of our time here in a very blah room, and moving our bed is a real huge ordeal.

On a side note, I found some more boxes I love. I snagged them while at Wal-Mart the other day. They are the boxes from bags of Malt O Meal cereal. They're just a little bit taller and wider than the paper ream boxes. They're nice and sturdy. I wish I'd been able to get more (I only got about six). I'm much happier with boxes I've gotten from Wal-Mart than Target. They close better and just seem sturdier.








0 comments:

Post a Comment