Saturday, January 30, 2010

And they're all made out of ticky tacky


I'm a bit funny about certain things. I HATE putting cheese dip away (even if it's just putting tin foil on top and sticking it in the fridge). I HATE logging into our online banking system (I never get the info right since they changed the set up).

Another of these things is that I won't buy boxes. I don't think I'm alone on this one, but I do get some strange looks when I vehemently oppose any suggest of grabbing a few boxes at Lowes. My ideal moving boxes are from cases of paper. They're fairly sturdy, they have caps so you don't have to use tape, they stack perfectly, and unless you're filling them with textbooks they're not likely to be too heavy for me to carry. Last time I moved I worked at a commercial insurance company (means l
ots of printing and copying) and was buddies with the copy guys so I had all the boxes I wanted. This time, not so much. I'm doing my best to collect them at the University, but it's just not as simple when you have to go office by office.

I've been using a lot of Priority Mail boxes (shhhhhh...), but they're really too small. I've begun snagging them from Target and Wal-Mart if I see someone unloading, but that's hit or miss, and I'm not in town that often to check.

I will not yield though. I am going to complete this move without buying cardboard boxes even if it means I am packing in Wal-Mart bags.

0 comments:

Post a Comment